I have to move my machine

A place to talk about anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.
popshot1190

I have to move my machine

Postby popshot1190 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:21 pm

I have to move the machine...And it's gotta go in 4 door Ford Taurus...I think I can just roll the head over ...Secure it in the middle ...i just don't know how to move the gantry head cause it is grooved into the bearing housing... Can any body help?

4DThinker

Re: I have to move my machine

Postby 4DThinker » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:53 pm

Not sure which machine you have, but if it is one of their current Comet/Asteroid/Meteor/Nebula line then the head is not too hard to take apart. I've had the head of a Nebula apart to replace the Z bearings and other than several bolts to remove (start with the router/spindle clamp first) you can get down to Z bearings then X bearings pretty quick. Once the router face plate is off the bottom plate holding the vertical rails can come off then those Z rails can slide out. As parts come off it becomes easier to see what has to come off next. There is a limit switch behind the vertical Z plate that you'll need to free, but then the face plate that is just in front of the gantry rail can come off to free the whole Z head from the gantry. Keep track of bolts. Most are the same as I remember.

Reverse to put it back together then you get to new location. Good luck!

4D

Return to “Open Talk”