L-Bracket for t-track

Upload files here. Do not upload any file that has a copyright or is not of your own design.
4DThinker

L-Bracket for t-track

Postby 4DThinker » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:09 pm

I've got 4.5" between the center of each t-track on my Meteor. I made some L-brackets earlier for my CNC Shark which worked fine, but since that has a full t-track bed with tracks every 3/4" or so I had the bolt holes centered in the l shape, and could easily reach across the L with my track clamps to hold work in place.

This version has the bolt holes offset from the L so you can have track clamps in the same row as the bolts holding the L. Set X,Y zero at the inside corner of the L and you can swap out parts quickly without needing to reset that. My track clamps can reach across the L to hold work down now, which the earlier versions didn't allow.

Offset L Bracket 4D.jpg
Offset L Bracket 4D.jpg (116.57 KiB) Viewed 4217 times

This forum doesn't seem to allow CRV3D or CRV file, or more than one upload in each message yet. I'll upload the CRV file for this at Vectric.com

4D

4DThinker

Re: L-Bracket for t-track

Postby 4DThinker » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:11 pm

Offset L Brackets4D.dxf
(13.84 KiB) Downloaded 122 times

The DXF file for the above L-Brackets. You should be able to import it into most CAD/CAM programs. Cut mine from some plywood material a little thinner than 1/4". The holes are for 5/16" bolts.

4D

4DThinker

Re: L-Bracket for t-track

Postby 4DThinker » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:30 pm

Here is a slightly modified version that should work with the 4"x4" table insert grid if you have that. I moved the hole centers so they were 8" apart. One insert hole left between them to put a clamp if you want. 1/4" and 5/16" holes to choose from.

Enjoy!
4D
Brackets 4x4 grid.dxf
For 4 x 4 table grid
(16.25 KiB) Downloaded 154 times

Return to “Files”