Power Switch Tail II
A power cord that switches 120VAC (up to 15 amps) with a DC control voltage of 3VDC @ 3ma to 12VDC @ 30ma
"The easiest way to control an AC device with an Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Beaglebone or any other DIY controller."
- No exposed 120VAC voltages and no dangerous 120VAC wiring required.
- Plugs into standard 120VAC 3-prong household outlets, power strips, and extension cords.
- Eliminates the exposure of hazardous voltages in DIY projects, classrooms, and on development workbenches.
- No special 120VAC wiring when deploying new products and custom solutions.
- Can be installed by non-technical users: Instruction sheet for PN 80135 or PN 80135-NC
- 5300vrms isolation from the 120VAC circuit. Indoor use only.
- Easily inserts between power source and corded electrical devices.
- Switches up to 15 amps with a control signal as low as 3VDC at 3ma. Ideal for use with battery operated controllers.
- Connects directly to Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Beaglebone or other 3.3 or 5 volt MCU without the need for driver transistor or buffer circuit.
- Two-wire control signal connects to terminal block (30-14 AWG) and a separate power supply is not required.
- LED indicator shows status of control signal.
- Connect input plug to wall outlet or when using multiple units, to a power strip.
- Connect output receptacle to a single powered device or to a power strip to control multiple loads.
- Output devices may be 3-prong or 2-prong appliances or lights.
- Convenient safety ground connection available for grounding external control circuit.
- PN 80135-NC shipped normally closed but can be rewired for either NO or NC.
- Purchase only what you need. Use one unit for each controlled circuit and add units as required.
- Each unit comes complete and connects to all standard 120VAC 3-prong wiring devices.
- Eliminate the need for electrician fees or electrical wiring permits.
- AC input: NEMA 5-15P Plug, standard 120VAC with ground.
- AC output: NEMA 5-15R Receptacle, standard 120VAC with ground.
- Switching capacity: 15amps @ 120VAC.
- Life expectancy: 100,000 operations @ 15 amps, 125VAC, resistive
- DC input: 3-12VDC (3-30ma), terminal block accepts #30-14 AWG wire.
- Operate times: 15 ms max actuate, 10 ms max release.
- DC to AC circuit isolation: 5300Vrms.
- Indicator: LED indicates when dc side is energized.
- Protection: AC side protected with 150VAC MOV; DC side is transient free.
- Mounting: Two #6 screws on 2" x 2.5" grid.
Power Switch Tail II
- Product Code: PST2
- Availability: In Stock