Mr M's Woodshop

Tell us about yourself and let us know which machine you have.
rrrun

Mr M's Woodshop

Postby rrrun » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:03 pm

I intend to buy a Nebula in the next couple of months. I need to work out the details of what I want to buy now ... such as do I build a vacuum system first, or get the spoil board with the unit ... with the rotary or not.

I have nothing but questions at this point. But, by July, I'm going to be making sawdust!

I'm a serious hobbyist, currently doing the craft fair circuit in Southern California. My wife makes small batch lotions & soaps; I make cutting boards & wooden serving pieces. Together with our daughter-in-law, we're Mrs M's Handmade. Officially, Mr M's Woodshop is a subsidiary of Mrs M's Handmade. We do about 30 events a year, and I need a CNC to up my game.

Because I'm not busy enough already.

I haven't yet bought the software to play with (I'll do that first); I look forward to being a whole lot smarter in a few months.

Henry
http://www.MowryJournal.com
http://www.MrMsWoodshop.com

pete

Re: Mr M's Woodshop

Postby pete » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:22 pm

Welcome to the group I also have the Nebula and I love it. I have the vac system that they sell for it I am happy with it I also have the rotary I haven't used it yet but I hope to one day.
I love my Nebula

o2photo

Postby o2photo » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:38 am

I personally would figure your vacuum setup after you receive it. I looked at your site, and if you are doing a lot of the same shapes over and over again, you probably want to do dedicated vacuum jigs. I use both a full vacuum table as well as vacuum jigs at work. I only use the table vac for sheet goods of at least 2x4' (smallest zone). But for repetitive (smaller) parts, I use a vacuum jigs I made up. Way quieter, much better hold, much smaller vacuum, etc. They take some effort to make, but it pays off in no time in reducing post work.

I can post pics of what I'm talking about if you are interested.

Marc

KLWestfall

Postby KLWestfall » Tue May 02, 2017 11:27 pm

I haven't yet bought the software to play with (I'll do that first);

When I bought my Meteor, I purchased Aspire about 3 - 4 months before I got the machine. Then I spent a bunch of time drawing anything and everything I could think of! I have lots of files that I will never cut, but sure did get a lot of practice in using the software.

I see a lot of comments on other forums that seem to clearly indicate that people have no idea what the software can do, or how to do things. Aspire is pricey, but I don't regret it, or the time spent learning it. Not an expert by any means, but pretty comfortable with it. The powerful thing about Vetric is their training videos. If you get their software, spend a lot of time in the videos.

What you can do is only limited by your imagination! I'm happy with my Meteor, but sometimes wish I could have gone bigger. No Nebula when I got mine. Sometimes wish for the rotary attachment - maybe someday...

Have fun!!!!!
Probotix Meteor - :D 8-)
Lots of Wood - 8-)

Funny, I don't remember being absentminded...

beltramidave

Postby beltramidave » Fri May 05, 2017 8:42 pm

Marc,

I would like to see and hear more about your vac hold downs.

Thanks,
Dave

o2photo

Postby o2photo » Fri May 05, 2017 10:59 pm

No problem Dave.

I didn't want to inundate this post with my stuff, so I started a new thread:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1007

Marc

Return to “Introduce Yourself”