Tool touch off sensor

Tell us about yourself and let us know which machine you have.
edison auto

Re: Tool touch off sensor

Postby edison auto » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:13 pm

dave I downloaded the file and it is marked markcrv. it only has 1 toolpath is that correct

beltramidave

Postby beltramidave » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:24 pm

Yes, 1 tool path.
Dave
Last edited by beltramidave on Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

justallan17

Postby justallan17 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:54 am

I don't know if this may help or not and I'm pretty much brand spanking new on these things, but.....
Although I don't have a tool touch off sensor I get this same message on occasion and re-set my tool in the router, generally in a little, then re-zero my Z and it works.
I've come to the conclusion that I must be using up my Z travel between work thickness, router height, tool length and whatever it's called that you set when you go from one place of carving to the next.
Just an idea, but I hope it helps.

ProbotixLance

Postby ProbotixLance » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:54 am

edison auto wrote:I am having trouble getting the sensor to work properly. It will measure the tool, I zero out my x y and z axis as normal but then it says travel is past z axis limits and will not run the spindle or program and I have to do it manually. Any help is appreciated. I am running the nebula
Mark

Hey Edison,
Im not sure if this is the same issue you are facing but I have received the same error message myself this morning. Just now actually, which is why I ran over to your thread. Our machinist came over and notice that my tool bit was sticking way too far out of our router. After I adjusted the bit higher in the collet, and then re-touched off, it went away. I hope this helps you. Keep us posted on whats happening.
“Give me but a firm spot on which to stand, and I shall move the earth.”
― Archimedes

edison auto

Postby edison auto » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:47 pm

I will try that tomorrow by sliding the bit up farther. I still cannot load the Linux cncatlasg64arcsinch from the probotix website into my aspire as Dave has pointed out or from the wiki page
Marl

honesttjohn

Postby honesttjohn » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:56 am

Mark,

Check your Material Set Up on the toolpath section on the right of your screen. On the bottom see what the z axis is set at. Sometimes it loses the .1 or .2 setting. The other idea of shortening the bit length may help too.

HJ

beltramidave

Postby beltramidave » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:05 am

Mark,

Is it that you are having trouble downloading the file or is it that you are not sure where to put it in Aspire? Let me know and maybe I can help you.
What Lance is saying has happened to me before causing that error.

edison auto

Postby edison auto » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:56 pm

I cannot download the file. I have tried to copy it but it Will not. Plus trying to put into aspire. I was wanting to use it this weekend since all of the guests are gone now. I have a sign it would work great on
Mark

beltramidave

Postby beltramidave » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:19 pm

Mark,
I put the post processor file in my Dropbox. Here is the link - https://www.dropbox.com/s/d9l065hyl2wp5 ... TS.pp?dl=0

Just let me know when you download it and then I will delete it. Not sure why you can't download it from the Wiki site, unless your virus protection is not letting you for some reason.

Anyway, once you have it, this is how you put it in Aspire. Keep in mind, I don't have Aspire, I have VCarve, but I think it is the same process. Open Aspire, Click on 'File', Click on 'Open Application Data Folder...' Paste the .pp file into the 'Post P' folder. Now you will have to restart Aspire.

Now when you go to save your toolpaths, you will need to choose the 'Probotix_LinuxCNC_Atlas_G64_Arc_Inch_TTS' post processor from the drop down.

Here is another link that may help if you get stuck. http://www.probotix.com/wiki/index.php/Vectric

Dave

edison auto

Postby edison auto » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:27 pm

Finally got file downloaded. Will create something to see if it works. Thanks for the help
Mark

Return to “Introduce Yourself”