Pick up in a couple weeks

Tell us about yourself and let us know which machine you have.
sawnsand

Re: Pick up in a couple weeks

Postby sawnsand » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:26 am

Thanks Lance ...it really is going to happen, lucky me !
Sawnsand
-just south of Kansas Speedway

ProbotixLance

Postby ProbotixLance » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:26 am

If you look at the pictures of the nebula on our site it has a picture of the dovetail being used as well. http://www.probotix.com/CNC-ROUTERS/NEBULA-CNC-ROUTER
“Give me but a firm spot on which to stand, and I shall move the earth.”
― Archimedes

4DThinker

Postby 4DThinker » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:07 pm

Hey, I noticed the Z-touch-off puck photo was included among the photos as an option. Will this work with earlier versions of your controllers? Instructions on hooking one up?

ProbotixLance

Postby ProbotixLance » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:29 pm

It is and it works great. It will plug into the secondary parallel port on your pc so it will work with all controllers. There will be a software update that will be necessary but I'm sure it will be easy and we will have info for it on our wiki as soon as we can.
― Archimedes

4DThinker

Postby 4DThinker » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:06 am

Thanks Lance. I already have my second parallel port occupied by the external rotary axis controller. I am capable of opening up the cableconnector and tapping into a couple of pins if I need to.

And about the puck you guys are using, have you checked them for thickness consistency? The one I have that looks just like the one on your photos varied from side to side by a few thousandths. I had to mill the plastic holder to get mine so it would be the same thickness no matter where you touched down on it.

4D

ProbotixLance

Postby ProbotixLance » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:24 am

Unfortunately I didn't get to play a role in the R&D side of the Z probe puck so I don't know how we came to the size we chose and the height we set them all to(I believe it is 20mm). I measured the aluminum portion of our puck and found it to stay true to the .001 all the way across but I think we try to address that issue as well when we set it to the height we want it at. I'll have to get in the bosses head for a little and try to get a better answer on this as it may be a concern that we would like to address, or one that we already have.
― Archimedes

dsotmoon

Postby dsotmoon » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:00 pm

welcome!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”