Hello from Mass interested in Comet

Tell us about yourself and let us know which machine you have.
Mikel1357

Hello from Mass interested in Comet

Postby Mikel1357 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:53 pm

Hi I'm Mike
I'm interested in the Comet. I'm a CNC machinist for the last 37 years which I love there's nothing like aluminum clip fly all around you. I can program and do set up and fixture. The software is holding me back and the cost a little by you can make that back. So my question for all is what software fits the best / 2nd best for the Comet. Would like to do 3D parts like faces for example. But not a must let me know if you have time
Thanks Mike

beltramidave

Re: Hello from Mass interested in Comet

Postby beltramidave » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:13 am

Hello.

Vectric software is the design software of choice, I think. They have several different products to choose from based on what you want to do and how much you want to spend. You can download fully functional demos to try. Their top of the line product is Aspire. If you want to create 3D models, than this is what you will need. VCarve (either Desktop or Pro) will let you import 3D models, but not create them. I have VCarve Desktop and have been very happy with it's capabilities in both 2D and 3D. Someday I hope to upgrade to Aspire.

I also use, occasionally, CamBam. This is a very good software too, but not as friendly as Vectric products. But with you coming from a machinist background, you might like it.

Hope this helps,
Dave

Return to “Introduce Yourself”