Limit Switch Errors

A place to talk about anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.
KLWestfall

Limit Switch Errors

Postby KLWestfall » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:02 pm

i get the following codes sometimes while running. Sometimes by clearing the code will help, sometimes re-homing, and sometimes by turning it off and restarting. That sucks because then I have to start over...

Anyone know what causes or why I get it? I've blown out all limit switches, cleaned out the E-stop and out of ideas...

Thanks.

IMG_2307.jpg
IMG_2307.jpg (701.53 KiB) Viewed 1340 times
Probotix Meteor - :D 8-)
Lots of Wood - 8-)

Funny, I don't remember being absentminded...

4DThinker

Re: Limit Switch Errors

Postby 4DThinker » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:10 pm

If you've had your machine awhile, the best solution is to replace the switches. Limit 0 is the X axis and those switches are on the ends of the gantry beam. I oversee three Probotix CNCs and my students have a tendency to jog the Z axis to the top before homing the machines which eventually bends/fatigues the Z switch until it can open up easily with vibration during a cut. The X axis on our Nebula is also finicky. Sometimes pulling off the cable ends and giving the switch terminals a quick scratch with steel wool will help, as will squeezing/crimping the connector a bit once in place. In some cases we've eventually just soldered the cables to the switches.

Let me know if any of the above helps.

4D

hemicro

Postby hemicro » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:45 am

Also check the grounding between machine and computer. If the ground is not very good, you can get some false switch readings.

KLWestfall

Postby KLWestfall » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:49 pm

Thank you, I'll check those out. Appreciate the info.
Probotix Meteor - :D 8-)
Lots of Wood - 8-)

Funny, I don't remember being absentminded...

Return to “Open Talk”