Is There A Way.....

A place to talk about anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.
justallan17

Is There A Way.....

Postby justallan17 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:14 pm

Is there a way to run these router tables manually? I want to try out some different ideas on projects and only need to do it once, so don't wish to spend the time writing a program for each idea until I know it's what I want.
It will be for square pockets, slots and holes. I want to use the CNC so that everything is square with the world and then when I figure out what I want I'll draw a file to use multiple times.
Thanks in advance.

beltramidave

Re: Is There A Way.....

Postby beltramidave » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:21 pm

Need more info to give you a better answer. You can manually jog each axis either incrementally or continuously by either using the software controls or the arrow/page up-down keys on your keyboard or your game (jog) pendant.

Maybe easier/quicker to just use your design software and let the machine do it...

Dave

justallan17

Postby justallan17 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:25 pm

Maybe I wrote it wrong. What I want to do is jog the machine while the router is running, basically using it like a manual milling machine.
Darn it, I just figured it out while writing this. I can unplug the router from the CNC, plug it into an extension cord and use the jog features on the machine.

4DThinker

Postby 4DThinker » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:42 am

You can also turn on the router within LinuxCNC, and then jog around. The feed slider will also let you slow down how quickly you can jog which you can't do with just the direction keys on the keyboard.

The Game Controller will also let you jog manually, and is a bit more analog than the keyboard. Also slower, and has three steps of speed control depending on which button you are pressing while using the joystick.

4D

justallan17

Postby justallan17 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:50 pm

Thanks. How do I turn it on through Linux CNC and still be able to jog the machine?

4DThinker

Postby 4DThinker » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:44 pm

justallan17 wrote:Thanks. How do I turn it on through Linux CNC and still be able to jog the machine?
Just below where it say Axis it says Spindle. next to Spindle is a text box and an icon. Click on that icon.

4D

justallan17

Postby justallan17 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:45 pm

Cool thanks

Return to “Open Talk”