4-Axis Monster Stepper Kit

A place to talk about anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.
teleMAX

4-Axis Monster Stepper Kit

Postby teleMAX » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:25 pm

Hello. I recently purchased the 4-Axis Monster Stepper kit. I am in the process of wiring everything up but the documentation to wiring the MondoStep 4.2 to the PBX-RF is scarce. I tried to contact Probotix this afternoon but they said that because of the move their tech support was not available. In looking at the Drivers there is the PUL- and PUL+ but the datasheet for the PBX-RF only shows Step and Direction for each axis and not a + and -. The PBX-RF came with the 10 Pin IDC cables but they do not mate to the MondoStep 4.2. Currently the best is can determine from several documents is to wire the PUL- and DIR- to ground of the PBX-RF (Pins 18-25) and wire the PUL+ and DIR+ to the corresponding pins on the PBX-RF for each axis step and direction. Is this the proper wiring or did I miss something? The last thing I want to do is kill one of these drivers. Also should I leave the ENA + and ENA - disconnected. Thanks for your help.

beltramidave

Re: 4-Axis Monster Stepper Kit

Postby beltramidave » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:34 am

PHLIPER

Postby PHLIPER » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:36 pm

teleMAX

I have the same setup as you are talking about and am having similar problems. Sorry I can't help you but just wanted to let you know your not the only one. It would be nice to have more complete illustration.

Phil

teleMAX

Postby teleMAX » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:22 pm

Dave,

Thanks for the reply. I read both of those documents along with several others before posting to the forum. Neither document clearly specifies wiring the MondoStep 4.2 to the PBX-RF. The ModoStep document says that PUL+ and DIR+ are 5V and PUL- and DIR- are Ground. What the PBX-RF document does not say is if the Step and Direction outputs are +5V. I assume that they are 5V but it is not explicitly stated. I would have expected a wiring diagram specifically for this combination since Probotix sells this as a kit.

-Max

beltramidave

Postby beltramidave » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:34 am

This comes from the PBX-RF link posted earlier:
The driver side of the PBX-RF has a built in LM317 based voltage regulator section that will supply 1.5AMPS @ +5V to the driver outputs of this interface.

Dave

teleMAX

Postby teleMAX » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:53 pm

Dave,

Thanks for the clarification.

Max

Return to “Open Talk”