Have to get a new router!

A place to talk about anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.
HANNAH024

Re: Have to get a new router!

Postby HANNAH024 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:02 am

You said it correct the first time, I just got so excited that you got one for 50 bucks that I didn't pause for the period.
The Dewalt is an excellent router and will work very well on your asteroid. You will probably never miss the extra HP.
Especially if you stay with 1/4" Dia and 1/8" Dia. end mills. I ran a rotozip on my V-90 and then on my Comet before switching to a Hitachi which I burned the bearings out of in a little over a year. That was when I decided to spent the bucks for the Bosch 1617EVS, and I have not been sorry.
Hope you enjoy the astroid as much as I do my comets.
It is what it is!
Have a great day.
HANNAH

hemicro

Postby hemicro » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:42 am

I have a Bosch colt on my V90 and it has worked well and I do use only 1/4 and 1/8 collets on it. I has performed well, but I need to move on to more work space and more rigidity, thus the asteroid. All the good comments I have seen on the new Probotix machines made the decision for me. I have seen you on the forums for a long time. What kind of projects do you do with your machine and do you run it hard for long periods of time?

HANNAH024

Postby HANNAH024 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:57 pm

I'm just a hobby guy.
You have seen examples of lots of my projects on the forum. Mostly smaller projects, but the 3D carvings keep the
router going for long hours at a time. The CRAYONATOR and THE PACIFIER were a pain, but are two of my favorites.
My Grandson says that one of his coworkers comes by his desk and gives the pacifier a crank every morning. So he is enjoying it too.
I like to take light cuts and cut them as fast as I can rather than make heavy, slow cuts.
This last project is the largest one that I have done in a long time. It is an Advent Candle Stand and has 14 pieces with the top
being 22" X 22". The entire project will be 33" tall. It is in the finish sanding stage now and hopefully, I'll get it assembled and the stain on part of it this evening.
Just taking a break, but I have to get back to work (go play) now.
It is what it is!
Have a great day.
HANNAH

salomon

Postby salomon » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:41 pm

probotix wrote:...

If you want longevity, the chinese VFD spindles are worth the investment. They use high dollar german bearings, are quiet, and use an ER-20 collet system - which opens up a whole new world of tooling options. The only things I don't like about them is that they require 220V and they take about 20 seconds to get up to speed. You'll have to insert a "G4 P20" after the "M3" to pause the program while the spindle spools up.

Hi Len, what about the stuff I emailed you? I have SuperPID and with its tacho output I can wait (automatically) until the router gets the desired speed before start to cut, ang use of G95 commands as well! I guess you can do the same with VFD!

Screenshot AXIS 2.6.7 on Meteor_4A_2015.png
Screenshot AXIS 2.6.7 on Meteor_4A_2015.png (95.83 KiB) Viewed 3946 times
Probotix Meteor | 4th Axis | SuperPID with Dewalt DWP-611 Router

probotix
Site Admin

Postby probotix » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:24 pm

I didnt get an email from you.

salomon

Postby salomon » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:35 pm

Check it again, it was sent to you in July 22, Subject "Cesar Venezuela"