Photo V Carve

Discuss software here
Keystone Chuck

Photo V Carve

Postby Keystone Chuck » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:25 pm

Going to try Photo V Carve for the first time since I bought my machine. What Post Processor should I pick? I see that my V Carve Pro is "LinuxCNC (inch)(*.ngc) but I see nothing like that in my Photo V Carve post processor choices.

cncpadawan

Re: Photo V Carve

Postby cncpadawan » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:53 pm

When I was working with Vectric about it, they suggested I do whatever work in PhotoVCarve I was going to do, then import it into Aspire (which I also have) to get around the post processor issue. Do you have any of the other Vectric products by chance?

Keystone Chuck

Postby Keystone Chuck » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:49 pm

I purchased V Carve Pro 8.0 and Photo V Carve at the same time (bundle deal). My V Carve works great but I don't have the same choices for post processors in Photo V Carve.

4DThinker

Postby 4DThinker » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:17 pm

I don't have PhotoVCarve, but if it has a separate folder for Post Processors then you can probably copy the ones missing into from the VCarve Pro PP folder.

probotixmissy

Postby probotixmissy » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:56 am

The post processors are just text files and the one we have on our wiki will work for all Vectric products. You can download it here:

http://www.probotix.com/wiki/index.php/Vectric

Also the normal post processor name (when you go to save toolpaths and get a drop down list) will be LinuxCNC G64 Arc Inch FYI
It will export to a .ngc file

Hope this helps - you can also ask Vectric for a post that works with LinuxCNC (formerly EMC2)
>Melissa

“Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine.”
― Alan Turing

Return to “Software”