Cant select or find my configuration

Discuss software here
beltramidave

Re: Cant select or find my configuration

Postby beltramidave » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:05 pm

If you have the tool sensor, than you will have to remove the parentheses as it will need that line of code.
Make sure you have a file 100. If it was indeed 101, then just rename it to 100.
Sorry, but I am about out of ideas without having my computer with me.
Dave

nickmcc247

Postby nickmcc247 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:40 pm

so i put the 100.ngc in the nc directory, and it got past the line 9 and even recognized some tools. so i can at least start to run a program. but when i open the file it places it at the home origin, (the front left corner) or my workpiece shows there instead of in the middle of the table. I got this machine and it was already set up so I hope this is something simple. I looked through the wiki but am not sure what I am looking for. Thank you so much for the help you have already provided too.

beltramidave

Postby beltramidave » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:46 pm

If you want the center of the table to be your x0 y0, then you will need to move to that position and then touch off x & y.
Glad you are making a little progress

nickmcc247

Postby nickmcc247 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:15 am

Lol, but barely, I know this sounds stupid but how?!? I can select xy for where Atlas is and where work piece is but how do I select where it places my designed xy? I have such I weird understanding of how this works because it was already set up when I got it and now it's so confusing because I started over. I'm so burnt trying to figure all my other issues I think I need a few days away but can't take them.

beltramidave

Postby beltramidave » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:32 am

When you create your toolpaths, using Fusion or whatever, you have to choose your x/y origin whether it be the corner of your part or the center. The when you place your blank on the machine spoilboard you have to tell Axis where that origin is.
So if you chose the center of your blank, jog the machine to the center of your blank and make sure X axis is selected, then go to Touch Off, select G54, enter 0 in the box and hit enter. Do the same for Y axis. This is the same procedure as when you touch off Z axis to the top of your material.
If you don't tell Axis where your part is, it will try and run the code based on the last known x/y touch off location.
Hope this helps. I am going to send you a pm with my phone number.
Dave

beltramidave

Postby beltramidave » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:47 am

Here is another good source of information.
http://www.probotix.com/wiki/index.php/ ... _hirez.pdf

nickmcc247

Postby nickmcc247 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:13 pm

All issues resolved, Dave was tremendously helpful and very knowledgeable.Thanks again for all the help.

beltramidave

Postby beltramidave » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:53 pm

Glad I could help. You might ask Len or Lance where your config file is located.
Dave

Return to “Software”