Controller Setup

Discuss Machine Mechanics Here
proflemoi

Controller Setup

Postby proflemoi » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:07 pm

Hello All,

I have just received my new Asteroid CNC but there are no instructions on how to set it up. As a computer person I am familiar with computer connections but if someone has a picture of the back end of their controller and their computer I would love to see the config.

Here are my questions:

1. Basically I have everything setup but the controller has 2 power supply plugins... I received 3 power cords, one is for the computer ... do I plug the other 2 into the controller or only one? As if it is just one, does it matter what one I choose?

2. From all the pictures I have seen it looks like people are plugging their router into the electrical at the top of the gantry... correct?

3. There is also a BLUE ground plug, I assume this goes into the controller on the ground screw.

4. Parallel Ports: There is a parallel port on the computer (standard) and one on the back of the controller.. I assume these 2 connect and the BLUE parallel port connects to the card on the bottom of the computer....

Am I missing anything?

Thank you!
Proflemoi

PS: If there is a site that has a User Guide for the Asteroid I would appreciate the link :)

probotix
Site Admin

Re: Controller Setup

Postby probotix » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:14 pm

Go to the top of our page and click on the link to the wiki. Also, at the top of the page are links to our Youtube and Vimeo channels, which have some getting started videos.

proflemoi

Postby proflemoi » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:29 pm

Thank you that does help... I am not seeing anything on the small blue electrical connection... I am assuming this is the ground that is connected to the Controller?

proflemoi

Postby proflemoi » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:46 pm

All set now... I was actually able to get the machine to Home.... so let the fun begin!

Return to “Machine Mechanics”