Z axis trouble

Discuss Machine Mechanics Here
nickmcc247

Re: Z axis trouble

Postby nickmcc247 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:54 pm

Ah very good to know. But since it worked all be it via the y control I don't think it will be necessary. Any idea how that could happen? Is that board you sent an easy one to replace?

probotix
Site Admin

Postby probotix » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:05 pm

Its easy to replace if you have the replacement. Not so easy if you don't because we don't make those drivers any longer.

HANNAH024

Postby HANNAH024 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:08 pm

Don't take the motor apart......
If your X and Z motors are identical you could
With the power OFF interchange the X and Z connection on the back of the controller.
Select the Z axis and Now see if X will jog...?
OK How about Z . Select the X axis and see if the Z motor turns.
Another Option could be to see if the Z lift mechanism is binding by removing the Z axis
and see if the motor will jog when it is not on the machine.
It is what it is!
Have a great day.
HANNAH

nickmcc247

Postby nickmcc247 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:25 pm

Okay, so I was getting the joint 2 switch limit error because I didn't realize it was topped all the way out. I set it manually in about the mid range. Hooked up normally x to x, y to y, and z to a, x works normally, y controls y and z, and z does nothing except show its moving on the screen. Hooking z to x and x to a, x controls the z motor great, but x control now controls x and y motors at same time. Perplexed now.

nickmcc247

Postby nickmcc247 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:46 pm

So I called probotix today, turns out I had the wires in the wrong ports. I have the white control box and was told to put the z wire in the a port, on the white control box, the port on the back labeled a port is actually the y2 port I was told, the a port is the port above that isn't used. So now everything is back to normal. Thanks for the tips though.

Return to “Machine Mechanics”