Rotary Axis "Joint 3 Follow Error"

Discuss Machine Mechanics Here
4DThinker

Rotary Axis "Joint 3 Follow Error"

Postby 4DThinker » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:57 am

I only use my rotary axis once in awhile, but whenever I do I get repeated random Joint 3 follow errors that stop the CNC dead. I deal with it by reconnecting, turning the spindle back on, then right clicking on the G-code line that caused the error and selecting "Run from here". In a 2 hour long cut this morning this error popped up 35 times. Extremely annoying.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and what have you done to eliminate it?

Mine always happen on a G1 A axis command. It doesn't seem to matter how fast I've set the feed speed for A. My Meteor uses a standalone box to run my A-Axis.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

4D

beltramidave

Re: Rotary Axis "Joint 3 Follow Error"

Postby beltramidave » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:30 am

4DThinker

Re: Rotary Axis "Joint 3 Follow Error"

Postby 4DThinker » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:58 am

Thanks for the link Dave. I did use the search feature but it didn't find the thread you linked to. A Google search found a few sources that thought the FERROR variable needed to be larger. I've changed mine to 0.5 (from .05) and was able to get through the rest of my current job with no errors. Not sure what other consequences that change will lead to but noticed no missed steps or other problems.

I can see how some users may get to a "I give up" point given the errors I've had to work through to finally get the 3 Probotix CNCs I oversee running reliably. I'll blame my inherited patience gene (thanks Dad) and Google Search for my continuing joy. When my Meteor is running perfectly it is indeed a joy.

4D

Return to “Machine Mechanics”