Please let me introduce myself!

Tell us about yourself and let us know which machine you have.
Troy Hill

Please let me introduce myself!

Postby Troy Hill » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:15 am

Good morning folks, My name is Troy Hill and I live in Soddy Daisy, TN. Soddy is about 25 miles North of Chattanooga. I am a retired electrical field engineer/technician and I worked in nuclear, hydro, and gas power plants at TVA facilities. I just left an engineering firm in Chattanooga to enjoy my time doing a few things love. Those include woodworking, music, hunting, and hanging out with my wife of 38 years. I have two sons and 2 grandchildren. I am new to the CNC world and I am excited about it! I love to create and build! I love to learn new things and I I enjoy challenges. Again, I love this CNC stuff! :)

I have a Probotix Nebula and V Carve Pro as my design software. I also own a new business called 10 Acre Wood Productions where I will do woodworking, CNC carving and some blacksmithing, another interest I enjoy. I look forward to getting to know you guys on the forum and thanks for sharing all of your knowledge with us newbies. If I can ever help, I enjoy that too! :D

pete

Re: Please let me introduce myself!

Postby pete » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:10 am

Welcome to the forum Troy
I love my Nebula

hemicro

Postby hemicro » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:51 am

Welcome aboard. I have an asteroid and love it. Started with a V90 and made most of my mistakes on it. Love the things you can do on these machines. Got into Acrylic engraving last year and am impressed with the visual effects.

politicaldog

Postby politicaldog » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:47 am

Welcome Troy! Looking forward to seeing your work. :D
Learn to not sweat the small stuff and life is much easier!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”