Fusion 360 Post Processor for Probotix CNC routers

Discuss software here
sgano

Fusion 360 Post Processor for Probotix CNC routers

Postby sgano » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:33 pm

Hi All,

I have created a Fusion 360 post processor that works with my Nebula. The output is very similar to the Vectric post processor. I thought others may find it useful.

Here are a highlight of the features:
- Output GCode has an extensive header with lots of information about setup
- Output GCode is very readable with comments for most unique lines
- Dust collection is turned on and off properly (via the coolant commands)
- For programs with no tool changes it uses G49 mode
- For programs with tool changes the ATLas tool sensor is used (which uses o100, o101 for inches and mm tool changes respectively) - this assumes the use of G43 mode
- Options for using tool sensor before initial cut or not for programs with tool changes
- Options for delay times at start of program and also for each spindle on/off

For tool changes it requires o100 and o101 (which Probotix includes with their machines). I have made some small modifications that work well for me which I have also included for reference.

Inside the post process ( the .cps file) you may want to edit line 292 to be your own name and contact information - so your gcode is labeled with your name.

To install it in Fusion 360 you need to copy the linuxcnc_Probotix_SEG.cps to the proper path depending on your operating system:

Windows:
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Appdata\Roaming\Autodesk\Fusion 360 CAM\Posts

Mac:
Macintosh HD> Users> USERNAME> Autodesk> Fusion 360 CAM> Posts

(for more info on the proper locations see: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/ ... n-360.html)

Be sure to review the resulting GCode to insure it will work for your machine and setup.

- Shawn
Attachments
Fusion_360_Post_Processor_for_Probotix.zip
(20.91 KiB) Downloaded 150 times

C6MFG

Re: Fusion 360 Post Processor for Probotix CNC routers

Postby C6MFG » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:01 pm

Thank you! Have just started playing with Fusion 360 and had to try a few post options before I found something that work. Will try this post next.

Jason Anderson

nickmcc247

Postby nickmcc247 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:48 pm

Does this work for anyone? I get initial dwell errors off the bat and noticed that in the file its spelled 'inititaldwell' 5 times. Error says its not specified although it is with a '3.1'. get a few more errors too.

Error: Failed to invoke 'onOpen' in the post configuration.
Error: Failed to invoke function 'onOpen'.
Error: Failed to execute configuration.
Stop time: Sun Jan 20 22:38:52 2019
Post processing failed.

i really am just tired of deleting the 'g43' line using the 'generic enhanced post processor for every file i create w/ Fusion 360, is there another I dont know about?

sgano

Postby sgano » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:01 am

For some reason I haven't been getting notifications of replies to this thread (I must have my settings messed up). Anyways, it looks like there was an update to Fusion 360 that caused those errors sometime in the July/August 2018 timeframe. I normally use VCarve so I didn't notice this issue until today. I was able to update the post processor to correctly work again for me. So I have attached that newer version (v2.1).
Attachments
Fusion_360_Post_Processor_for_Probotix_v2.1.zip
(23.54 KiB) Downloaded 9 times

Return to “Software”