Fusion 360 Post Processor for Probotix CNC routers

Discuss software here
sgano

Fusion 360 Post Processor for Probotix CNC routers

Postby sgano » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:33 pm

Hi All,

I have created a Fusion 360 post processor that works with my Nebula. The output is very similar to the Vectric post processor. I thought others may find it useful.

Here are a highlight of the features:
- Output GCode has an extensive header with lots of information about setup
- Output GCode is very readable with comments for most unique lines
- Dust collection is turned on and off properly (via the coolant commands)
- For programs with no tool changes it uses G49 mode
- For programs with tool changes the ATLas tool sensor is used (which uses o100, o101 for inches and mm tool changes respectively) - this assumes the use of G43 mode
- Options for using tool sensor before initial cut or not for programs with tool changes
- Options for delay times at start of program and also for each spindle on/off

For tool changes it requires o100 and o101 (which Probotix includes with their machines). I have made some small modifications that work well for me which I have also included for reference.

Inside the post process ( the .cps file) you may want to edit line 292 to be your own name and contact information - so your gcode is labeled with your name.

To install it in Fusion 360 you need to copy the linuxcnc_Probotix_SEG.cps to the proper path depending on your operating system:

Windows:
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Appdata\Roaming\Autodesk\Fusion 360 CAM\Posts

Mac:
Macintosh HD> Users> USERNAME> Autodesk> Fusion 360 CAM> Posts

(for more info on the proper locations see: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/ ... n-360.html)

Be sure to review the resulting GCode to insure it will work for your machine and setup.

- Shawn
Attachments
Fusion_360_Post_Processor_for_Probotix.zip
(20.91 KiB) Downloaded 108 times

C6MFG

Re: Fusion 360 Post Processor for Probotix CNC routers

Postby C6MFG » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:01 pm

Thank you! Have just started playing with Fusion 360 and had to try a few post options before I found something that work. Will try this post next.

Jason Anderson

nickmcc247

Re: Fusion 360 Post Processor for Probotix CNC routers

Postby nickmcc247 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:48 pm

Does this work for anyone? I get initial dwell errors off the bat and noticed that in the file its spelled 'inititaldwell' 5 times. Error says its not specified although it is with a '3.1'. get a few more errors too.

Error: Failed to invoke 'onOpen' in the post configuration.
Error: Failed to invoke function 'onOpen'.
Error: Failed to execute configuration.
Stop time: Sun Jan 20 22:38:52 2019
Post processing failed.

i really am just tired of deleting the 'g43' line using the 'generic enhanced post processor for every file i create w/ Fusion 360, is there another I dont know about?

Return to “Software”