Configurator

Discuss software here
hemicro

Configurator

Postby hemicro » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:45 pm

Has anyone been able to get the latest configurator to run. When I try to run the probotix.sh file in terminal and I get only a blank screen with a blinking cursor. I had run it in the past, but the updated configurator just won't run. I am trying to add a z puck to my asteroid.

hemicro

Re: Configurator

Postby hemicro » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:12 pm

I believe the mystery has been solved. The problem with the configurator occurs after I re-install the .ngc files to the nc_files folder. I have a lot of files that are about 4GB in size. The configurator backs up the files in the nc_files folder and this takes a lot of time. I have left the blank screen run for up to 15 minutes with no results, so I believe the configurator shuts down after a period of time. I have come up with a work around that works for me. I created a folder (nc_design) in the /home/probotix/ folder and loaded all of my .ngc files into this folder. I then edited the .probotix Configuration Settings file in the zipped folder and changed the Program_Prefix to PROGRAM_PREFIX = /home/probotix/nc_design. After editing this line and running a configuration, the cnc program will now look for files in this new folder. This folder is not backed up during configuration so I no longer have a huge nc_files folder, but you must remember that the folder is not backed up. I think this will only be a problem if you re-install the entire system. Kaden at Probotix was helpful in explaining how the configurator works. Hope this helps someone who runs into this problem in the future!

Return to “Software”