From PROBOTIX :: wiki
This page is about our "2.8W Laser Kit by JTech" installed option.
PDF version of this page: Media: Laser_Commands.pdf
For safety reasons the laser will only turn on when running G-code. If for whatever reason the program is stopped (ie E-STOP is pressed) you must ensure to manually reset the laser driver board (red button) and turn off the power command via the sidebar LASER OFF button before running again.
|Synchronized||M67 E0 Q#|
|Immediate||M68 E0 Q#|
- E0 is the laser and is required to receive commands
- Q# is the power percentage to set (Q0 = OFF, Q100 = MAX power).
The Synchronized command will happen at the beginning of the next motion command. If there is no subsequent motion command, the command won’t happen.
- It’s best to always program a motion G code (G0, G1, etc) right after the M67.
- The “M67 E0 Q#” command is suggested as it prevents the laser from sitting in one spot longer than needed.
M67 E0 Q100(turn on laser at 100% with next movement) G01 X2 Y2 F40(laser turns on while moving into position) M67 E0 Q0(turn off laser when moved again) G01 X3 Y3 F40(laser turns off while moving to next position)
The Immediate command will perform the action immediately when the command is processed.
- The “M68 E0 Q0” command is recommended between tool paths to prevent drag lines.
M68 E0 Q75(turn on laser at 75% now) G01 X2 Y2 F30(move into position) M68 E0 Q0(turn off laser now) G00 X3 Y3(move to next position)
Suggested combined usage:
M67 E0 Q50(turn on laser at 50% with next movement) G01 X2 Y2 F15(laser turns on while moving into position) M68 E0 Q0(turn off laser now) G00 X3 Y3(move to next position)